Dreamforce is the biggest Salesforce event of the year and to navigate Dreamforce, you have to be prepared. Taking place in San Francisco, California at multiple locations. Dreamforce sessions, Campground, and events take place in the Moscone Center, Salesforce Tower, Marriott Marquis, InterContinental, Palace Hotel, Hilton Union Square, Park Central, Hotel Nikko, City View at Metreon, Westin St. Francis, and more.
With all of these locations, deciding where to spend your time before, during, and after the event can be overwhelming. But don’t worry! Since Geopointe is all about helping people find the best ways to get to their destinations, we’ve created your guide to navigate Dreamforce.
How to Get Around:
Uber or Lyft:
Both of these popular ride-sharing apps are a great choice to get you from point A to point B. You can even split your fare with coworkers or new friends to keep the cost down. This is an especially great option if you’re staying closer to the airport.
This is the most obvious mode of transportation but also the most practical. Most things relating to Dreamforce are centered around Moscone so it’s easy to walk from session to session. Unsure of how to get around? Look for Salesforce Trailguides to help you out! [insert a pic of them in their outfit as an example]
Did you know that Dreamforce has shuttles especially for Trailblazers? It’s true! Catch a ride on the Dreamforce shuttle to travel between Dreamforce hotels and campus venues. The shuttle will service major conference locations during the event, not including the airport.
If ridesharing or walking isn’t your style, check to see if your hotel offers a shuttle. Oftentimes during large events such as this, hotels will offer guests a ride to the convention center. Call and see if your hotel does this before the event to help with your planning.
Breakfast – the most important meal of the day
Navigating Dreamforce starts bright and early but it’s still important to grab breakfast and plenty of coffee. Luckily, there are plenty of breakfast options around Moscone that offer a quick but delicious start to your morning.
- Honey Honey Cafe & Crepery: This pace provides counter service and great diner-style food. It’s a cheery spot that cooks up a mix of crêpes & cafe fare, perfect for a quick breakfast.
- Elixiria: If you’re looking for something healthier or sticking to a vegan or vegetarian diet, this is the place for you! It features light, health-focused eats as well as cold-pressed juices.
Have more time? Try these places for a hot breakfast served especially for you.
- Trace: This restaurant is inside the W Hotel so, for some, it may be right at your front door! It has a large breakfast menu including special juices.
- The Grove – Yerba Buena: With communal seating and a counter to order, this is the perfect mix of quick and delicious. Grab and go or sit and stay for a while, your choice.
- Mo’z Cafe: Stop in at this casual, contemporary eatery renowned for its early-morning breakfast fare for a great breakfast before a big day.
- Sears Fine Food: This is a local spot offering Swedish pancakes & classic diner standards amid nostalgic surroundings.
Dinner & Drinks
- Wayfare Tavern: Self-described as a popular upscale eatery serving Tyler Florence’s American fare in a British pub-style setting, this place is perfect to unwind and fill up after a long day.
- Osso Steakhouse: If you’re looking for a good steak, check out Osso Steakhouse. They offer American surf ‘n’ turf featuring dry-aged beef and a full bar, what more could you ask for?
- Benu: This minimalist SoMa spot features innovative American cuisine and renowned tasting menu, perfect for team dinners or business meetings.
- Zero Zero: Pay this place a visit for wood-fired, thin-crust pizzas & other Italian standards at a swanky eatery with a lively bar scene.
- Local Edition: This is a unique, underground venue themed after a vintage newspaper that offers an extensive cocktail menu.
- The View Lounge: Massive arched windows showcase city views at this posh lounge serving cocktails and small plates.
- B: Check out this trendy California eatery and bar featuring outdoor seating with panoramic views!
- ThirstyBear Brewing Company: If you’re a craft beer fan, this place is for you! Taste their craft brews and Spanish tapas while you watch live flamenco performances!
Although much of your time navigating Dreamforce will be spent discovering new technologies in the campground, learning during sessions, and networking in after-hour happy hours, you may be able to squeeze some fun into your free time. Check out these places if you have time to spare – you won’t regret it!
This is the landmark that everyone thinks of when they hear the words “San Francisco.” The bridge is pictured in almost every promotional image for Dreamforce. Whether you drive by, see it in the distance, or get up close and personal, the Golden Gate Bridge is a can’t be missed attraction.
Interested in experiencing the arts while in the city? Take a trip to the museum of modern art after your time in the Dreamforce Campground to see beautiful works. Explore the modern art pieces and appreciate the culture of the city.
This doubles as an attraction and a place to eat. Watch the sea lions sun themselves on the docks, snack on some delicious and fresh seafood, or watch the boats pass by. There is no shortage of sights and things to do at the wharf.
We hope these tips on how to navigate Dreamforce 2019 were helpful, but no matter what you decide to do at Dreamforce, make sure to stop by and see your friends at Geopointe! We’ll be at booth 713, and are excited to meet with you!